Our Services Include:
- Pouring Driveways, Patios and Walkways
- Cleaning Concrete
- Engraving Concrete
- Acid Staining
- Garage Floor Coatings
- Concrete Overlays Interior/Exterior
What is Concrete Overlay?Overlay is a process of placing a thin layer of cement, rubber, or aggregates into an existing surface for increased durability, improved cosmetic appearance, and flooring maintenance. Concrete overlay can be used for almost any concrete resurfacing projects such as pool decks, garages, patios, interior wood floors, vertical surfaces, and foundations.
When to use Concrete OverlayDo you have an existing concrete surface but you are not too happy about it? This can either be because of surface imperfections or because it is just too plain for you. The answer to this problem is usually getting rid of the old concrete and replacing it. With concrete overlay, you can easily give your concrete a facelift without having to spend too much money.
Types of Concrete OverlayThere are various options when speaking of concrete resurfacing. The most popular of all are the following:
- Stamped. This is applied thickly to the surface, usually from 1/4 to 3/4 of an inch. This kind of overlay works to cover minor imperfections on concrete. The good thing about this kind of overlay is that it can be stamped or textured to look like slate, natural stone, brick, and other materials. It can even come tinted or dyed.
- Spray texture. This is a textured finish (1/8 inch) and is durable as well as skid-resistant. This makes this concrete overlay ideal for pool decks, driveways and sidewalks. Spray texture can also be dyed or tinted for decorative purposes.
- Micro topping or skim coat. This is a polymer-based system that is applied very thinly to a surface. This gives the surface the ability to flex and the ability to be applied onto wall surfaces as well. It can be finished either smooth or textured. For decorative purposes, micro topping can be accented with stains and dyes.
- Self-leveling. This kind of concrete overlay is chosen for restoring worn concrete surfaces. A self-leveling overlay can even work to level uneven floors. It can be engraved, stained, or dyed for aesthetic purposes.
- Rubber. This is basically a new system when it comes to concrete overlay. However, rubber is seen to be a safe, maintenance-free, environment-friendly, and easy to install overlay.
NOLASCAPES is a residential and light commercial concrete company located in New Orleans. We service all of South East Louisiana. Through a strong combination of tireless work ethic and intelligence, we offer concrete, retaining walls, driveways, counter tops, patios, and more. We also offer premium services including colored and stamped concrete. Give us a call for your free estimate.
View our Concrete gallery »