Flagstone Pavers Overview
And while natural flagstone pavers can be a bit pricey, the benefits that they can provide make them very attractive paving solutions. These paving materials are durable, easy to maintain, slip-and acid resistant, and offer various customization possibilities. Property owners can also choose from the various colors, patterns, shapes, and finishes available.
ColorsThe variation in color makes flagstone pavers very ideal for custom hardscaping projects. Being made of natural stones, every flagstone paver has a unique color that does not fade. Some of the most common flagstone colors include red, brown, and blue. Other color options are moss green, charcoal grey, sand, and brownstone.
PatternsWith the various interesting patterns available, a lot of property owners and landscaping contractors rely on flagstone paver units. You can choose from diamond run, basket weave, Herringbone, cobble lock, Venetian parquet, random, and irregular patterns. With these patterns, it’s possible to achieve any theme like Old World, Mediterranean, and Modern or Contemporary.
Shapes, Sizes and ThicknessThe available flagstone paver shapes include square, rectangle, irregular, Hexagonal, Uni Décor, Spectrum, Diamond turf, and Apian. Meanwhile, sizes generally include the 560 and 600 series, and thickness options range from 1 inch to 3 inches.
FinishesAnother excellent reason to choose flagstones as paving materials is the various finishes available, including calibrated surface, brushed, antique or tumbled, sawn, hand-cut, and chiseled. These options can lead to the creation of some eye-catching designs that will surely make your property stand out effortlessly.
Flagstone Pavers ApplicationFlagstone pavers can be used in both indoor and outdoor areas. They are also extensively used in commercial applications. Here are some of the areas where these stone pavers are commonly used:
Outdoor application of flagstone pavers
- Patios. Patios with flagstone surfaces are not only absolutely stunning but also skid-resistant.
- Pool decks. If you want a safe surface for your pool deck, then go for flagstone. Your pool deck will also look every inch a visual treat with the unique and elegant look of the paver units. This is possible with the various available patterns and colors of flagstones.
- Walkways and Pathways. Encourage daily walks with gorgeous flagstone walkways around your property.
- Driveways. Most contractors prefer flagstones for the construction of driveways because of their durability and the aesthetics that they provide.
- Stepping stones. Stepping stones can be more than pleasing to the eyes as they are safe to walk on if you’ll go for flagstone pavers.
Areas We Service in Louisiana